Friday, August 13, 2010

Food Fix Friday: The Best Chocolate Fix Ever!

I have made this dessert for a lot of my friends and everyone loves it. When I first had it I just had to have the recipe! A lot of you have asked me how to make it so I thought I'd share the recipe with you. It's very simple to make, and amazingly good... especially if you are craving chocolate! I call it Chocolate Stuff.

1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 3/4 cup hot water

Preheat oven to 350. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 9in pan. Combine brown sugar and the remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Sprinkle over batter. Pour the hot water all over. DO NOT STIR! It will look weird when you are about to put it in the oven, like a big brown pan of soup. This is what it should look like at this point:


When it is finished, it will be runny on the bottom so be careful when you take it out. Rest assured it is completely cooked. Serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment